Dirty light fixtures can emit up to 20% lesser light than clean ones, so regular cleaning and dusting go a long way toward brightening your living spaces.
For safety purposes, never attempt to clean or work on a lighting fixture with an active electrical current. The best bet is to unplug fixtures or turn off the circuit breaker prior to cleaning. Also, never allow liquid to touch wiring.
Wash coated metal surfaces with a clean soft cloth soaked in detergent and warm water; rinse thoroughly. Dry the surface with a clean soft white cloth.Do not use abrasive, acid, alcohol-based, or solvent-based cleaners; they may damage the finish.